How does the Clinical Placement Work?
- Students call or visit the affiliated internship sites in advance of the students’ Preference List Due Date (Sept 15 of the student’s final year)
- A student is “matched” at a site for which a valid agreement with the University exists at the time of the placement decision.
- The Program faculty work together to match each student as closely as possible with the student’s top choice, some sites may be more popular than others
- Because the final decision is made by the Program (typically in October), the student remains eligible to receive financial aid (if already receiving aid)
- The internship time frame is typically Jan 2 – June 30
- The DGS interns are not paid, a few sites may provide a small stipend
Once matched, the student is responsible for
- locating housing
- parking costs
- housing costs
- University tuition for 15-16 credits clinical/practicum course work
- University fees
Where you can go…
The internship sites may vary from year to year for many reasons. Current Site Lists are available by selecting the Tabs at the top of this page.